The Alliance Consumer and Family Advisory Committee, or CFAC, is made up of consumers and family members who receive mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use/addiction services. CFAC is a self-governing committee that serves as an advisor to Alliance administration and Board of Directors.
State statutes charge CFAC with the following responsibilities:
- Review, comment on and monitor the implementation of the local business plan
- Identify service gaps and underserved populations
- Make recommendations regarding the service array and monitor the development of additional services
- Review and comment on the Alliance budget
- Participate in all quality improvement measures and performance indicators
- Submit findings and recommendations to the State Consumer and Family Advisory Committee regarding ways to improve the delivery of mental health, intellectual/other developmental disabilities and substance use/addiction services.
The Alliance CFAC meets at 5:30pm on the first Monday in the months of February, April, June, August, October and December at the Alliance Corporate Office, 4600 Emperor Boulevard, Durham. For more information, call toll-free at (800) 510-9132 to be put in touch with someone at the Alliance CFAC.
The Alliance Durham CFAC Subcommittee meets at 5:30pm on the first Monday in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November at 1820 James Street, Durham. The Alliance Wake CFAC Subcommittee meets at 5:30 on the second Tuesday of those same months at 5000 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh.