Durham County Department of Social Services, (919) 560-8000
DATA ACCESS, (919) 560-1551 – Tickets can be purchase in person or by mail: 1011 Fay Street, Durham
ACCESS Fares: Cash Fare: $2.00 one-way/Ticket book: 10 tickets $17.00/Taxi Cab Coupons: $25.00 ($51.00 value)
GoRaleigh Access (formerly Accessible Raleigh Transportation), (919) 890-3459
The City of Raleigh provides transportation services for person with disabilities. There are two levels of service. Call for instructions on how to apply.
- Tier 1 service is available for permanent Raleigh residents who do not have a valid driver’s license, and are identified as a person with a physical or mental disability.
- Tier 2 service is available to persons who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
C-Tran, (919) 481-2020 – The new fixed route system replaces the previous general public door-to-door service. Cary citizens who are disabled or at least 55 to 63 years old will continue to have the option of door-to-door services. $2.00 each way in Cary; $4.00 for out-of-town (Chatham, Durham, Orange or Wake Counties for work). Registered seniors and disabled passengers pay $1.00 each way from 10:00am-3:00pm for trips in Cary. Children aged 6 years and younger ride free. Make a reservation to ensure a seat two hours to two weeks in advance.
GoRaleigh, (919) 828-7228, 1430 and 214 S. Blount Street, Raleigh
Resources for Seniors, Inc., (919) 872-7933, 1110 Navaho Drive #404, Raleigh – Limited medical transportation, nutrition site transportation and grocery shopping transportation available.
Traveler’s Aid – Cornerstone, (919) 508-0777, 220 Snow Avenue, Raleigh – One-time assistance to displaced/stranded travelers when funds are available. Call before coming to Cornerstone to apply in order to see if funds are available. Must be able to contact someone on destination end to ensure willingness to accept traveler.
Triangle Transit Authority (TTA), (919) 485-7433, 4600 Emperor Boulevard, Durham – Free vanpool matching available to the general public and regional bus service to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, RTP and RDU. Bus schedules available at Moore Square information booth. Offers direct airport shuttles from Regional Transfer Center.
Wake County Transportation Center, (919) 212-7005, 220 Swinburne Road, Raleigh
Cumberland County DSS/Social Services, (910) 323-1540 or (910) 677-2531 – available to Medicaid recipients for medical appointments
Alms House, Inc. (serving Hope Mills and southern Cumberland County), (910) 425-0902
Good Samaritan Cars, (910) 483-7641
Senior resources on Transportation and Information Line, (910) 321-2888
JCATS Human Services Transportation provides a variety of transportation services including medical trips in county and to destinations out of county, workplace and job training, senior centers, child care
centers, social services, public hearings and dental care. Agencies must be contacted directly to apply for human service transportation. In some cases, there may be a fee to cover the cost.
· If you receive Medicaid contact Johnston County DSS, (919) 202-5873
· If you are 60+ contact Community and Senior Services, (919) 934-6066
· Johnston County Community and Senior Services, (919) 934-6066
· Johnston County Mental Health, (919) 989-5550
· Johnston County Social Services, (919) 202-5873 or (919) 989-5300
· Johnston County Industries, (919) 743-8700
· NC Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, (919) 934-0525