Alliance needs providers in the following categories:
New Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT: Buprenorphine) Service Definition Modifiers for Medicaid-Funded Outpatient Services
Alliance has developed a new service definition modifier to support implementation of evidence-based Medication-Assisted Treatment for individuals diagnosed with Opioid Use Disorder. This service must be provided by psychiatrists who have been approved to prescribe buprenorphine (including monotherapy or FDA-approved buprenorphine combination therapies) and who adhere to evidence-based treatment requirements as described in the Scope of Work.
The new service codes are modifications of existing psychiatry evaluation and management (E&M) codes and will be reimbursed at a higher rate than existing E&M codes to cover the additional provider expenses associated with fidelity to medication-assisted treatment requirements. Eligible providers include Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) psychiatrists and provider agencies. Providers who are interested in adding this service to their contracts must meet the following requirements:
- Psychiatrist with an office in the Alliance Behavioral Healthcare catchment area.
- Provider must submit documentation demonstrating that psychiatrist has been approved by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to prescribe buprenorphine.
- Provider must submit policies and procedures specific to opioid treatment and a program overview that describes how the program will adhere to MAT requirements as described in the Scope of Work.
Please submit a Provider Application Request with attachments noted in numbers 2 and 3 above.
Fluency in Spanish or Other Languages
Fully-Licensed LIPs in a solo practice that are fluent in Spanish or other languages, with an office location within the Alliance catchment area.
Psychiatrists with an office location within the Alliance catchment area.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants with experience with the MH/SA/IDD population.
Sexual Offender Evaluations
Fully-Licensed Clinicians experienced in completing Sexual Offender Evaluations.
- Licensure or Certification by the State Board of the clinician’s discipline is required.
- Clinicians must be able to demonstrate at least one year of documented experience working with this specialty population and 19 hours of documented continuing education in Sex Offender Treatment and Assessment.
- Associate clinicians working in an agency may also conduct such evaluations and provide treatment and ongoing support if they can demonstrate at least one year of documented experience working with this specialty population and 19 hours of documented continuing education in Sex Offender Treatment and Assessment, and are supervised by clinicians who meet the requirements. Associate clinicians must submit a signed supervision plan and documentation that their supervisor meets the above requirements.
- Preference is for fully licensed clinicians who have a Master’s degree or above, have worked with offenders 2,000 hours (1 year, full time, or equivalent), have completed 200 hours of sex offender specific training, and are affiliated with a state or national organization of licensed professionals focused on evaluation/treatment of this specialty population.
- Please submit a current CV, the Provider Application Request, and an example of a redacted Sexual Offender Evaluation that was completed by the requesting clinicians.
Innovations Specialized Consultative Services
LIPs to provide Innovations Specialized Consultative Services that supply expertise, training and technical assistance in a specialty area to assist family members, support staff and other natural supports in assisting Innovations beneficiaries with developmental disabilities who have long-term intervention needs.
- Interested LIPs should have at least one year of documented experience in writing behavior intervention plans for the I/DD population and meet the qualifications in the service definition, Clinical Coverage Policy 8P.
- Interested LIPs should complete the Provider Application Request and submit it with a current CV.