APAC objectives include:
- Facilitate the open exchange of ideas, share values, goals and visions, and promote collaboration and mutual accountability between Alliance and the Provider Network.
- Promote evidence-based and emerging best practices to empower consumers within our communities to achieve their personal goals.
- Review, provide input, and make recommendations to Alliance on its policies, procedures, forms, activities, guidelines, changes in funding, financial issues, and reimbursement
- Review and comment on Alliance specific activities that impact members of the Provider Network.
- Review and comment on the Local Business Plan.
- Provide input to Alliance in its implementation of the state plan and local business plans.
- Review and comment to Alliance regarding the local and State annual plans and long-term plans.
- Assist Alliance with effective communications across the Provider Network and assist in planning all-provider meetings.
- Recommend efficiencies and best practices regarding service availability and service array, consumer choice and fair competition, including ways to close gaps in the services array, particularly for underserved and non-target populations, provide additional services, and facilitate additional communications among providers.
- Assist Alliance in encouraging provider participation in quality improvement activities.
APAC representatives are selected from each of the four Alliance counties and Council membership consists of 20 representatives. Representation is based on the Medicaid-eligible populations within each county.
APAC usually meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 1:00pm at the Alliance corporate office.
Local PACs also meet on the following schedule:
- Durham – third Thursday of every other month at 2:00pm, Alliance Durham office, 414 E. Main Street, Room 26, Durham
- Wake – second Thursday of every other month at 2:00pm, Alliance Wake office, 5000 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh
- Cumberland – first Monday of the month at 1:00pm, Alliance Cumberland office, 711 Executive Place, Room 109, Fayetteville
- Johnston – fourth Monday of every other month at noon, Johnston Public Health Department, 517 N. Brightleaf Boulevard, Smithfield